Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Too Busy to Cuddle?

I have a full-time job right now, and I'm married to a man who is working full-time and going to school at night. I anticipate being a SAHM for a good chunk of my life. There are so many opinions out there on what a woman should do -- work outside the home, have a home business, stay at home. Josh and I have been talking about these sorts of things. One thing we've agreed on is that whether I'm working outside the home or not, and whether the Lord gives us kids or not, I need to be responsible for our home while he wins the bread. :)

I find that this responsibility makes me anxious sometimes. Are the dishes and laundry done? Will I get home from work one time? Do I have dinner planned? Will I accidentally poison our guests? I fall into patterns of I-better-not-have-a-free-moment-or-I'm-not-getting-my-jobs-done. Sometimes I "frantically attempt to erase every trace of relaxation from our days" (a great article). I'm thinking more about these things, and I realize that creating a relaxing, not-too-busy place of refuge for my sweet husband and for our marriage is also my responsibility - even more so than cleaning the fridge! So whether I work outside or inside the home, I must be intentional in planning ahead and learning efficiency so that we can take off our shoes, drink something warm, and cuddle on the couch.

There are several ways that we practice efficiency and time management. All of them are founded on communication. I'll write more about this on days to come.

Psalm 46:10 -- "Be still, and know that I am God. 
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

how 'bout this...

Related Posts with Thumbnails