Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mastering Mommy

I was 18yrs old when I took my first class in linguistics. I didn't even know what linguistics was. I just wanted to work with Bible translation. That was 2005. Yesterday, my sister-in-law sent me these pictures of what came in the mail.

M.A. in Applied Linguistics
with a concentration in Bible Translation

Thanks to my husband's support and encouragement, I finished classes when Elijah was 7wks old and my comprehensive exams a few months later. When I heard that I passed and would receive my M.A. I said, "Now, I can be Mom!" 

I look forward to seeing how God uses this training for his glory alongside serving in my primary role of wife and mommy. My desire is the same now as when I started -- that I would have the honor of participating in the efforts of getting Scripture into the heart languages of the people.

Blog silence for the past year. Explained.

2 comments:

  1. So you will understand the next year of silence from me...? guess that doesn't explain the past what... hm.... 10 years... um... yeah. LOVE YOU! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so proud of you! you are such an inspiration.

    Est

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, sis! I'm so excited for you and am thinking of you. May God bless your efforts and hard work. Hope to catch up soon. Hugs to Dan.

    ReplyDelete

how 'bout this...

Related Posts with Thumbnails