Monday, March 12, 2012

Mind Maps & Doodles (processing through differences)

I have two images to show you a difference between Josh and me:





I bet you can guess which represents Josh and which me.

That very large piece of vinyl (sold by the yard at JoAnn Fabrics) pictured above is mounted on the wall above my husband's desk. It's a stress relieving, prioritizing, clarifying, decision-making tool... for him. He loves it and writes on it everyday with Vis-a-Vis markers. Sometimes I think he's nuts. But mostly, I'm so thankful that God made him like this.

The second picture is my trying to decide on a baby name. That's all.

When I want to process through ideas and emotions, there's nothing like...

  • a post-it note and a ballpoint pen
  • a piano
  • cooking curry or some other deliciousness
  • writing a blog post or journal entry

We're different.

For over two years, Josh and I have been blending our lives together. As part of learning to wife I've spent a lot of time trying to be the super-systems-using-and-understanding-strategist-wife. He loves when I listen to what the mind map means to him. This is affirming, and yes, even flirtatious. It values him.

But, Josh is encouraging me to embrace the way God has created me and to invest time in activities and subjects I enjoy. This is freeing for me. I'm learning how to rediscover my strengths and develop them through various outlets. 


How have you developed your strengths through life's changes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

how 'bout this...

Related Posts with Thumbnails